Saturday, January 12, 2013

Connective tissue


Did I mention I have a fondness for PowerShell.  I like to call it glue. I often use it to put things together.  Tuc Goodwin said I should be careful with this association as this is the same thing that VB6 was labeled as before it took off at a gallop.  Say what you will about VB6; its largest issue politically was that it was kind enough to let people create horrible things.  But really it shouldn't be condemned for being usable especially as it has done good in the world.  I have been thinking about this idea the last few weeks.  So if PowerShell is glue, it isn't Gorilla Glue, it isn't Elmer's Glue...  I can't think of a glue that doesn't come across as sticky and then rigid.

A Google Search for "connective material" lands me in a large collection of biology search results.  Google seemed to think that when I typed "material" that I meant "tissue".  Biology was my worst subject in high school, but I won't hold a grudge.  Per Wikipedia "Connective tissue (CT) is a kind of biological tissue that supports, connects, or separates different types of tissues and organs of the body. "  I think I can get behind "Supporting", "Connecting", and, "separating".

Now I need to poor through Google Images, and find something too replace that Elmer's Glue bottle in my PowerPoint slide decks.
(from http://www.3dscience.com/3D_Models/Human_Anatomy/Female_Systems/Female_Connective_tissue.php)

No comments:

Post a Comment